300-Hour Yoga Alliance Power Vinyasa Teacher Training
Don’t Change Yourself, Create Yourself
For current 200-Hour Certified Yoga Teachers interested in diving deeper into teaching, our 300-Hour advanced training delivers a comprehensive curriculum through 6 experiential, dynamic, and flexible modules. Our program is designed to support your evolution from Yoga Teacher to Yoga Leader as you explore how to deliver deep and lasting inspiration and personal transformation through your yoga classes and programs. Led by FlyDog’s founder and Certified Baptiste Yoga Teacher Eliza Whiteman, students will:
Learn how to lead a practice, meditation, and inquiry sessions powerfully.
Build intelligent and creative Vinyasa sequences.
Develop the ability to design classes for various special populations.
Have the opportunity to design, build, and lead workshops.
Mentor individuals and small groups in both practice and teaching.
Create a Community Project to implement and lead.
Experience and lead a 30 Days to Thrive session.
Discover your voice, interests, and strengths as a teacher and leader.
Have the opportunity to earn a certification for Yin Yoga and/or Yoga Nidra.
Dates for 2023/2024:
Module I- Mastery of Teaching (July 26-July 30)
Module II- Mastery of Sequencing (Sept 9-10)
Take 30 Days to Thrive
Module III- Mastery of Community (Dec 2-3)
Lead 30 Days to Thrive
Module IV- Mastery of Self (Mar 23-24)
Module V- Mastery of Leadership (June 1-2)
Module VI- Mastery of Experience (July 24-28)
What Makes Our Training Different?
- Teacher Development and Education-Our facilitators have additional advanced certifications and trainings. We have led over eighteen 200- and 300-Hour Teacher Trainings and graduated more than 175 students.
- Experience-This is more than lectures. You practice and implement what you learn in order to learn as you practice. You will experientially apply your knowledge into live practicum experiences with supportive feedback. Practice teaching, hands-on assisting, public speaking skills make a positive difference in your teaching and leadership both on and off the mat.
- Community-One of the best things about yoga teacher training is to create a meaningful bond with other aspiring teachers and dedicated students from around the community which creates an incredible family of energy, support and learning.
- Rooted in Foundation-Our 200 & 300 hour Yoga Teacher Trainings are both rooted in the foundations of yoga. We lay the foundations of Pose Breakdowns, History, Philosophy, Anatomy, Physiology, and build our training up from there. We believe in appreciating the roots and culture of yoga. We take a deep dive in researching, discussing and understanding the history and philosophy of yoga and how our practice came to be what it is now.
- Hands on Assisting-Our 300 hour training reviews basic hands on assists learned from a 200-hour training and advances your knowledge and confidence in supporting students with intelligent hands on assists. You will be given 10 studio hours to assist in classes. You will know classic assisting in the classroom, directive assisting for students learning backbends or Crow Pose as well as deepening assists to help lengthen and stretch our students.
Who is This Training For?
Our ideal 300 YTT candidate will have a 200-Hour Teacher Training certificate and at least one year of a consistent yoga practice. This candidate does NOT have to be an active teacher but has the ability to teach out in a studio, the community and/or online. The candidate is open to studying, discussing and teaching yoga history and philosophy. The candidate is also able to give hands on assists in training and in studio classes. Having additional trainings and yoga/fitness experience, while not required, are valued.
How much is tuition?
We have one of the longest active teacher training programs in Central Virginia and we have worked hard over the years to keep our training accessible and affordable. 300-hr Teacher Training Tuition is $3,500 which includes free classes at FlyDog Yoga throughout the training cycle. If you sign up for our training program and pay your tuition in full prior to June 9th, 2022, you will receive a $500 discount. If you sign up for training and submit your deposit by June 30th you will receive a $300 discount (tuition must be paid in full prior to the start of training). We also offer payment plans (2 payment & 6 payment options) for those who prefer to space out their tuition.